The Prestbury United Charities
Registered Charity No. 202655
Clerk to the Trustees
We have an opportunity for a Clerk to provide effective support and administration for the Board of Trustees of The Prestbury United Charities (PUC). PUC is a registered charity which offers financial relief to people in need, hardship or distress. The charity has legacy money held in trust, and is not a fundraising organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a significant role in this local charity, applying your skills and experience to make a real difference.
Title: Clerk to the Trustees
Responsible For: Administration of Trustee business and management of applications
Job status: Self-employed
Rate: £12 per hour
Hours : Flexible up to 10 hours per month including Trustee meetings currently all held during office hours.
Purpose of the Role:
* To provide advice to the Trustees on governance, constitutional and procedural matters
* To attend meetings and provide effective administrative support to the Trustees
* To manage the receipt of applications, disseminate them to trustees and action decisions agreed.
* To manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements
* To keep website updated
* To provide financial records and support to the Trustees
You will work from home and as a freelancer will be responsible for all income tax, NI and/or other payments in connection with fees paid for the work. Some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Previous experience or training in the role of a Clerk, knowledge of charity legislation and excellent IT and organisational skills would be an advantage
How to Apply
For an informal discussion about the role please call the Chair of Trustees, telephone number 07706 336 363
For more information about the work of PUC visit our website: www.puc.org.uk
Applications by CV with an accompanying letter should be sent to: email@example.com or c/o PO Box 743, Cheltenham, GL52 5ZB